Is ice cool makeup on your radar? The cosmetics fridge, an ingenious invention inspired by Korean beauty trends, promises to keep your favorite makeup and skin care products fresh.
Storing cosmetics products in hot, sun-drenched environments can hasten curdling, ingredient separation and bacterial contamination. If you want to keep makeup fresh all day, storing cosmetics in the fridge is the usual course of action. But in Singapore and Seoul, women keep their food separate from their cosmetic storage ideas, which is why the cosmetics fridge is a popular beauty buy in the humid Asian continent. Check out these makeup refrigerators that have been specifically designed for this purpose.
Amex Mitchell Makeup Mini Fridge
Korean company Amex Mishell’s noiseless cosmetic fridges are designed for storing small and medium sized personal care products. The Amex Mishell makeup mini fridge measures 38 by 31 centimetres and is an adorable micro cosmetics fridge with a choice of abstract patterned doors. This neat desktop makeup refrigerator incorporates advanced thermoelectric cooling technology, which keeps makeup ingredients from oxidising and crumbling. Its digital display allows you to monitor and adjust the temperature to the right level, making it one of the most advanced options for makeup preservation available.
Electronic Cosmetics Fridge With Mirror
With its large interior mirror, this electronic cosmetics fridge appears as a professional makeup storage hard case. This cosmetics cooler features in-built compartmentalized wells, allowing you to organize your products and keep your makeup and skin care items in separate sections. This is a desktop friendly and highly portable cosmetic refrigerator, which can store up to three liters of products and comes in metallic pink and cool silver.
Faburte Cosmetics Fridge
The Faburte cosmetics fridge holds up to five liters’ worth of cosmetic products. It’s travel-friendly and can be plugged into your car cigarette lighter, enabling you to keep your makeup cool on the move. This portable cosmetics fridge features an efficient push button opening and a transparent coloured acrylic flip top, meaning that you can locate products easily. The Faburte is great for those who intend to store makeup in the bathroom too, and unlike some other mini fridge cosmetics units, its acrylic lid is very easy to wipe down. A digital temperature reading is displayed on the front of this cosmetics cooler, which – at $194.91 – is by far the most purse friendly cosmetics fridge on our list.
Tips on how to keep makeup for long time
- Ensure that your cosmetics storage temperature does not exceed 21°C. If it does, pop your products in a cosmetic refrigerator, and be sure to store makeup in the fridge during the summer months.
- Seal caps and lids firmly in order to prevent oxidisation, evaporation and creaming of water-based products.
- Skin creams containing preservatives and volatile active ingredients such as Vitamin C are notorious oxidisers. Keeping cosmetics in the fridge is a good way to increase their shelf life.
- Clean compact brushes and sponges regularly with mild soap and water and protect them using disposable sheaths.
- Prioritize oil-based skin products, eye creams, waterproof makeup and nail polishes in your cosmetics cooler.
- If you’re wondering how long to keep makeup for, the timeframe will vary according to the type of product.